Friday, February 19, 2010

Feed post

There was one test answer that really made me think. It was the essay of our feed test. I myself used the first quote about going out into the nature to see if he had ever truly lived. The combine quote of the feed quote and this made my mind stir. Are we the feed? What are we being feed? Have I myself truly lived? Though we do not have implants in our heads, which you can not simply say enough to and leave be; we are feed through TV ads, billboards, or subliminal messages. We are like cattle and that's what frightened me the most. Most do what we are told being pushed and streamed through cattle shoots to our slaughter. In other words that slaughter is our will being taken from us, or at least that's how I see it. This not so much blend into what I'm saying but I saw that McDonald's is the official sponsor of the Olympics. Not one of my friends understood why I laughed at that. It was like a good joke. Fat greasy food with healthy bodies? That's a little off. Is Mc'ie-D's trying to make them selves look good or were the Olympics just hurting that bad for a rich sponsor? I doubt its the latter. Aside from that small rant, I do believe most people have not lived. I live on a tiny little farm in a tiny typical 1950s black and white town as I said earlier, and in no offense to any one when I say this; however I think Ive live more than most people on campus other than the adventure club that is. I have pictures from the top of every mountain that surrounds Ship and Carlie. I Camp regularly, even in the winter I go camping, and to me that's fun. I'm just a farm boy having a good time. Its how I was raised. However most people tell me that "you're crazy man" or "are you insane?" Aside from that Ive been doing an experiment. I leave my cell phone at my apartment before I go to class, this way I don't become to dependant on it or technology. The results are that I focus more I'm not in a hurry to get out of class as much, I am more at ease. Its very enjoyable, I believe that all my peers should try it. I do not think that once you give your mind to the media that they will ever give it back. Its exactly like Feed. Once you have the implant you cant remove it without dieing. In my opinion Violet was very lucky to not get one until she was seven. Noticing this and how its shocking close to real life I hope that I will be able to not give in to any sort of "Feed" and keep an open mind to all ads, and not fall victim to the media and corporations. My one friend now says "I play video games for the story." He use to be a avid reader, just like myself. Its sad to see how he sits infront of the TV and wont budge from his controler. I still love reading and dont think ill be part of that huge video game craze, at least not until they come out with a W.B. Yeats video game.

3 comments:

  1. "I saw that McDonald's is the official sponsor of the Olympics. Not one of my friends understood why I laughed at that. It was like a good joke. Fat greasy food with healthy bodies? That's a little off."

    Yes! This is exactly what I was trying to say in class. Do we really buy this B.S. that if we want to "Eat like the Olympians" (which is what the commercial says) that we should eat at McDonalds? seriously? SERIOUSLY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also laughed at the McDonald's ad. It is impossible that these athletes eat there everyday and not weigh 300 pounds. The only athletes that can get away with that is the sumo wrestlers.
    I like your idea about leaving your cell phone behind in your apartment instead of taking it to class with you. However I could not do that. I usually use my phone to talk to my mother atfer I get out of class while I'm walking back to my dorm. I also use it as clock because I can never remember to wear a watch. It is a good idea and I wish I could do it but I would go crazy without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that we may have began our road to becoming the feed. With steady advances in technology it will not be long before we have chips in our head as well.

    ReplyDelete